Miguel Pro Learning Commons
The Miguel Library Learning Commons (MPLC), also known as the Students’ Study Center, is located on the 2nd floor of the Community Center of the First Companions. The Learning Commons offers a comfortable and flexible learning space in the university.
- Collaboration Hubs for group discussion and engagement
- Individual study in a quiet and comfortable area at the Research Nook
- Workspace for students doing projects, visual aids, artworks, and other manual tasks that require the use of working tools.
- Multi-Purpose Room for library instructions, meetings, assemblies, training, seminars, and workshops.
- A Laptop Station with wired connections and power outlets is available.
- Users can avail themselves of refreshments and snacks at the El Llano Cafe.
- The use of fifty (50) desktop computers is available at the Internet Laboratory.
- Users can avail of the twenty-five (25) laptop computer units through the Loan-A-Laptop service on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Gadget-friendly learning space with power outlets and WiFi connection available throughout the Learning Commons
- An Ecoteneo Corner that provides reading materials such as books, journals, and magazines about the environment, environmental education, and ecology in strong support of the advocacy group for environmental protection and conservation of the Ateneo de Davao University
Use of the Miguel Pro Learning Commons?
- The Learning Commons is open from Monday to Saturday to offer a comfortable, modern, and conducive place for students to learn.
- Students can find a suitable spot to read or work collaboratively in a group at designated spaces.
- Students can borrow and return library materials and get research help by talking to the friendly and knowledgeable staff at the Circulation Desk.
- Students can write their research papers from start to finish and work on their projects using laptops and desktop computers.
- Students and faculty may request to use the Multi-Purpose Room for events such as conferences, forums, assemblies, conventions, seminars, and meetings, if not being used for library instruction and other related activities.
Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M.
Saturday 8:00 A.M.- 12:00 Noon
(Closed during Sundays and holidays)